Saturday, July 18, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

I thought I would share with you all our home. This is originally my grandparents home which was built in the late 60's. As a little girl I remember all the details in the building of this home. There are soooo many wonderful memories that I have as a child staying here with my grandparents and now I get to live here!! Actually my parents did move here and lived for quite some time before my dad and mom and to move to another home so that they could just have one level and no stairs! We were fortunate to be able to sell our home in Midway and then move here along with 18 acres of land!
Well I decided this year that I wanted to try my hand at putting out a garden. My grandmother always put one out in the back yard. Her garden was much bigger than this one though.
I thought I was never going to get to put it out though due to all the rain we had this spring. I think I actually got to put it out at the first of June.
Take a look at the next picture to how it looks now!! I am thrilled that it is doing so well. Just getting yellow squash and some cucumber out of it now but tomatoes, corn, okra and a few beans will be coming soon!

No comments: