Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Do you recognize any of these children???

I have had the biggest time tonight going through some of my family pictures and organizing them and I ran across this sweet picture made at the fair in 1997.
Have you figured out who they are?
Well starting from left to right --
My daughter, Leah
John Ryan, Simply Joy's Caterings son
Holly Hodges is holding Katie, Simply Joy's daughter
My daughter, Lauren (who will kill me for posting this because her eyes are closed!) Sorry Lauren
and in front of Lauren is Dillon, Simply Joy's son.
Lauren, Holly and John Ryan were 9 years old, Leah is 5 years old, Dillon is 3 years old and Katie is maybe 1 1/2.
During this time in John Ryan and Lauren's lives they liked each other. You know the 9 year old "puppy love". That is how we were introduced to the Tubb family. We have been friends ever since that time and have shared lots of fun times together.
I could write a book on the Grandey/Tubb memories that would probably be as thick as a Harry Potter book!! LOL!


4 comments:

DIY and Stuff ---Poo and Doo Style! said...

How sweet! Love ya, Sis

Simply Joy Catering said...

Oh my goodness! That is the sweetest picture of our children. It seems so long ago! We are so blessed by knowing each other! Our children have grown up together and look at them now. John Ryan, Lauren, & Holly are all 20 somethings, Leah & Dillon are teenagers, and Katie will be joining them in teenhood in just a few months. I have always noticed in pictures together...they're always happy and having tons of fun! I copied and saved this picture for my page so I can share it as well. I hope that you didn't mind! Can you get over how much our children have changed? It's amazing! Fun times...wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing this picture! If you run up on any more, please share them with me!

Joy

Lauren G said...

Thanks alot Mom! lol

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh susan, these are the times I remember most. I am not sure if this was when me and lauren were close or not. But I loved little katie, she was the cutest! I love it :) thank you for sharing.