Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy 21st Birthday to our oldest daughter, LAUREN

Let me begin by saying that I could not believe that I was having my first child on April Fools Days!! Do you know how many people DID NOT believe me when I called them and told them that I had given birth to Lauren???? NOBODY DID! They would say yeah right you are April Fooling us!! This was a very difficult day to say the least in trying to get people to believe me. Also another very unusual thing happened that probably won't happen to anyone else...... my best friend in high school Pam Cantrell Green had her first child, a son on the same day that I had Lauren!!! Talk about crazy!! We could not believe it!! So best friends had children on the same day and same year.
Oh I ment to tell you too the reason why no one believed me was because Lauren was not due until April 21!! She was 3 weeks early and breech on top of that . So off to have a C-section I went. Believe me a C-section is not the way to go if you can avoid it. It just about KILLED ME!! But I did survive!
21 years ago on April 1, 1988 our first child was born! Lauren
Weighed 6 lbs. 11 ozs.
I have posted some pictures of Lauren as she has grown into a beautiful young lady that we are very proud of!! She is presently in college at MTSU and majoring in Elementary Childhood Education. She says she is not taking after me and teaching PreK. She better watch out though she might eat her words!! We sure do hope that she has a great 21st birthday and look forward to seeing her accomplish her goals in life.
We love you Lauren!!!


Lauren I think was almost 2 here. It just about killed me to lean over in the bathtub to give her a bath so we just filled up that little baby bathtub there at the sink. This picture was taken in my "thinner" days as you can tell. Oh well life happens doesn't it??




Isn't this picture sweet???
then next picture below is the devil coming out in her!! LOL!








Ready to swim!!



Lauren's 1st birthday! If you look closely at the cake it is a rocking horse. I actually made that cake believe it or not!! That was when I had just a little bit of free time to do things like that.

Oh NO not Santa she says!


This picture was taken at Dollywood with our tractor pulling friends!! This is Rachel, Erica Groves, Leah and Lauren



Don't you wish you could do your legs like that and watch T.V.?
I guess it's all those years of dance!


The following pictures are some different years of birthdays that I found. Thought you might enjoy how Miss Lauren changed through the years!!
The first picture she absolutely hated me for giving her the "bowl" hair cut. Oh well it was cute at the time and in style!






I'm getting older here! Can you tell?




Just a swangggginnnnn!!


Lauren and one of her best friends, Holly posing for a "photo" session with mom!




Lauren and another one of her best friends, Anna dancing in the May pole day dance at the Black house in the 5th grade.



We're definitely getting older in this picture!! This is freshman year in high school!




Lauren took dance lessons all her life practically. Since she was 4 years old. Her senior year in high school, she was given the lead role in the yearly dance recital as Peter Pan. This is Lauren with Holly, aka ...Wendy dressed for the recital. This was one of the all time favorites I think that they have had for a recital. Lauren's sister, Leah got to be Lauren's shadow in the recital. Kind of touching with sisters dancing together!!


Getting ready for summer dance practice!!



There are many more pictures that I could post but I am running out of time.
Lauren we wish you the happiest of birthdays. We can't believe it has been a very short 21 years!!! We hope and pray that you will continue to accomplish all your goals and you will be a wonderful teacher one day and mentor to others!!
Love you bunches! MOM!

3 comments:

The Tubb Family said...

I just looooove this pictures. They bring back soooooo many memories of our kids growing up together!

Lauren is so beautiful! She is an absolute hoot! I ended my post with "Happy Birthday Frog". I guess there is only a few of us who know what "Frog" means!!!!!

You know what this means....we're getting old!!!

Joy

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Lauren! Susan I know that she will be an amazing teacher (just like her Mom)!
Sheila

Patty's Stitches said...

Happy Birthday to Lauren. Clint is only 1 day older that her!! I love all the pictures of her growing up.